This Chardonnay is made in a traditional full-bodied style. It is multifaceted and has been given the full treatment in the winery – 20% new French oak, malolactic fermentation, lees stirring for 11 months and full solids ferment. We aim to cram this wine full of flavour whilst maintaining balance and freshness.
The 2019 vintage Chardonnay was made with our later/riper picks of fruit, with a higher pressings & phenolic proportion. It is approachable in its youth & goes beautifully with food.
305 in stock
Pale yellow in colour with green highlights
Nose: In the rockmelon & yellow peach zone. There are florals too – white crocus flowers & an overlay of cinnamon & nutmeg with oatmeal biscuits.
Palate: The palate is taught to start. Citrusy freshness with shortbread – lemon tart. The acid carries the wine as other characters jump on board; melon, then nougat then roasted nuts. Full bodied & structured, savoury & fresh. Really textured.
– Fruit from 2 different sites ranging from 870-950m above sea level
– 3 separate picks starting late Feb 2019 to mid March 2019
– Handpicked into 10kg baskets
– Chilled overnight, lightly pressed. Free run & pressings separated
– Racked to barrels on full solids
– Wild yeast ferment in 225L barriques. 20% new French oak
– Full natural malolactic fermentation
– Lees stirred monthly for 11 months
– Racked & blended March 2020 into stainless steel tank
– Settled in tank for 2nd Winter
– Racked & lightly filtered pre-bottling September 2020