Black Label Pinot Noir clones are chosen to create a powerful wine with a darker fruit spectrum and fuller bodied mid palate than the 2019 Pinot Noir. Only the best barrels and the best parcels of fruit in the best years are selected for this wine.
It is a wine that is made to touch every taste bud and fill every corner of the mouth. A brute and a gentleman in one.
928 in stock
On the nose is an interplay between dark sour cherry, cloves, spice, chocolate and mulberries. The fruit on the palate is the same. It also has a mouth-coating richness and a degree of viscosity on the palate, lightened by its persistent acid line and some whole-bunch tannin structure. The finish is full and long.
• 2 different picks across vineyards at 930-950m above sea level
• Pinot clones 114, 115, MV6 & 777.
• Handpicked into 10kg baskets
• Chilled overnight. Destemmed to 1T open fermenters
• Wild yeast ferment.
• 10% whole bunch inclusion
• Plunged daily until dry
• Post-ferment soak for 5 days
• Pressed to 225L barriques
• Natural malolactic fermentation
• 12 months maturation before blending in stainless steel
• 2nd Winter elevage
• Bottled unfined, unfiltered Spring 2020