Black Label Pinot Noir clones are chosen to create a powerful wine with a darker fruit spectrum and fuller bodied mid palate than the 2018 Pinot Noir. Only the best barrels and the best parcels of fruit in the best years are selected for this wine.
It is a wine that is made to touch every taste bud and fill every corner of the mouth. A brute and a gentleman in one.
316 in stock
On the nose is an interplay between dark sour cherry, cloves, spice, chocolate and mulberries. The fruit on the palate is the same. It also has a mouth-coating richness and a degree of viscosity on the palate, lightened by its persistent acid line and some whole-bunch tannin structure. The finish is full and long.
– Clones 777, MV6 & 115
– Handpicked into 10kg picking baskets.
– 33% carbonic maceration, 25% whole bunches.
– Fruit chilled overnight then destemmed to a 1T fermenter.
– Wild yeast fermentation.
– Warm fermentation hand plunged 2 x daily.
– Soaked on skins for 18 days post ferment.
– Pressed to 225L barriques (40% new French oak).
– Full natural malolactic fermentation.
– 12 months maturation.
– Racked to tank March 2019.
– Settled in tank for a 2nd Winter.
– Unfined, unfiltered.
– Bottled October 2019