A different take on the classic blend from South-Western France. Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Merlot in equal proportions, fermented wholly via carbonic maceration.
Aromatic and elegant on the nose but with structure and power on the palate.
• Handpicked into 10kg baskets from 3 different sites at altitude in the Orange wine region including the Canobolas Smith vineyard.
• 55 days of 100% carbonic maceration.
• Matured in 3rd-use French oak barriques for 14 months.
• Natural malolactic fermentation. No additives of any kind.
• Settled in tank for 2nd Winter.
• Bottled under cork with no fining or filtration.
• Minimal sulphur added prior to bottling.
153 in stock
Colour: Bright crimson with purple/red hues
Nose: Opens with boysenberries and blackcurrant, with a mix of red fruits amongst it. The Cabernet Sauvignon component peeks through with some herbal elements which are there alongside star anise and chocolate. Oak is subdued and gives complexity.
Palate: Juicy acid and bright berry fruit burst onto your palate initially then give way to more savoury, earthy characters and dark chocolate. Fine tannins kick in and carry the palate to a long finish. Oak supports and provides interest.